Progress on Sunday

Today I worked on making front side of the shelf. I personally think this will be the most difficult part of the entire project for me because I will have to screw hinge on 2,5"-thick peg wood without breaking through the other side. What makes it hard is that the length of screws that I will be using is much longer than 2.5", so I will have to cut them shorter in order not to penetrate the board. Before doing that, the first thing I did was to install a wood bar on near the top of shelf for hanging light bulb.

First I cut wood bar with circular saw in to the shape I want.



Then install it into top of shelf.



Here comes the nasty part - installing hinges.


I used nylon rope from my friend for door knob on the bottom of door.
Here's how it looked like when it's opened:


I paid too much attention on screwing hinges so that I forgot to take detail pictures how I put them on. At first I thought it will be hard to screw, but after I practice two times, I started getting used to it and made it more perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment