Abandoned plan

After trying and testing the several materials for building storage box. I've found many technical difficulties to build this thing. Also, teammates from personal space group pointed out some problems with my design.

1. If I am going to use plywood for boards, they will have to be thick enough to punch slots for spikes. In this manner it will take a lot of space and the weight will be heavy. If I use cardboard, the durability and strength of box will be very weak.

2. The material of connection is also a problem because I can barely find something that can be bent and tear apart.

3. There are some more useful designs for this type of storage box existed. For example, I found a kind of storage box that can be taken apart. In that way connections and strength of box is no longer a problem because they won't be folded. Comparing with that, my design is not very practical.

These are the problems that I've encounter during the process of building storage boxes and I still can't solve them after two weeks of testing. I think it's better to abandon this idea and design a new object to solve my personal space problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment